I thought I’d begin my weekly Thermomix recipe series with a nifty little biscuit that’s great for school lunch boxes or afternoon teas. Now these are gluten and dairy-free, so they don’t have the buttery deliciousness of many other biscuits, but they are a nice little sweet hit and all my kids eat them (it’s also the only way any of them will consume almonds). Tick, tick and tick! Err on the side of under-cooking as they tend to become super crunchy if you leave them in the oven too long.
Thermomix Lemon Coconut & Almond Biscuits
200g raw almonds
100g raw sugar
50g shredded coconut (desiccated would also be fine)
zest of 1 large lemon or 2 small lemons
2 egg whites
Juice of 1 lemon
Here’s what to do
1. Place almonds, sugar, coconut and lemon zest in TM bowl. Mill for 10 seconds/speed 7.
2. Add egg whites and lemon juice to TM bowl. Knead for 30 seconds/interval speed.
3. Chill mixture in fridge for about 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan-forced).
5. Roll mixture into small balls and place on baking paper-lined trays. Lightly press balls down with a fork.
6. Bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool on trays.